Next week Microsoft will be updating the Microsoft Intune service again, as announced yesterday by the Microsoft Intune team. The update will be done between 20/04/2015 and 23/04/2015.
New Intune standalone (cloud only) features that will be made available as part of this update include:
- Management of Office mobile apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for Android tablets. Ability to restrict access to Exchange on-premises for Exchange ActiveSync clients on Android devices
- Ability to create WiFi profiles with pre-shared keys (PSK) for Android devices
- Ability to resolve certificate chains on Android devices without the need to deploy each intermediate certificate individually
- Deployment of .appx bundles to Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Managed Browser app for iOS devices that controls actions that users can perform, including allow/deny access to specific websites
- Management of Work Folders app for iOS devices
- Updated Endpoint Protection agent for managing Windows PCs
- Ability to manage Windows Defender on Windows 10 PCs running Windows 10 Technical Preview without need for separate Microsoft Intune Endpoint Protection agent to be installed
- Combined Microsoft Intune Company Portal websites for PCs and mobile devices to provide a more consistent user experience across platforms
- Added Windows and Windows Phone Company Portal apps to the Microsoft Download Center to provide an additional option for accessing these app downloads
- Enhanced user interface for overview pages within Intune admin console
Read more on the blog from the Microsoft Intune team!