Today is another big day in the history of System Center Configuration Manager. Service Pack 1 is released and General Available for you! You can download it here. Service Pack 1 fits in Microsofts Cloud OS vision. More on the Cloud OS here and here Microsofts Cloud OS.
Service Pack 1 will fix some issues with the RTM version of Configuration Manager 2012 but also adds loads of new features and enhancements. See the list below:
Configuration Manager 2012 Service Pack 1 adds for instance the following major features:
- Support for Windows 8
- Support for Windows 8 To Go
- Support for Windows Server 2012
- Support for MAC OS X, Linux Distributions (Redhat, Suse, Solaris), download the clients here.
- Support for App-V 5, Android, Windows 8 apps, IOS applications, MAC OS X applications.
- Manage Windows Intune via Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 Console.
- Powershell 3.0 Support with
- Support for adding a CAS to a stand-alone Primary Site
- Support for Windows 8 RT tablets
- Support for Cloud Distribution Points in Windows Azure
- Fallback support to Microsoft Update (see earlier blog)
- Use a upstream WSUS server as source for Software Update Point
- Real-time administrative actions for Endpoint Protection tasks
- And loads of other minor and big changes
To summarize, Service Pack 1 is a very welcome pack that will make our days as Configuration Manager Administrators more easy 🙂 A big thanks to the Configuration Manager team for creating this nice Service Pack 🙂
Download other Service Pack 1 resources:
- System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 – Configuration Manager Component Add-ons and Extensions
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SDK Service Pack 1
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Configuration Manager – Clients for Additional Operating Systems
- System Center 2012 SP1 Configuration Manager Package Conversion Manager 2.0
- Download ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 VHDs
Check out these links before installing the Service Pack1:
- System Center 2012 SP1 Woes, Gotchas, and Workarounds
- ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 rollout tip: Disable Antivirus before upgrade
- Delivering Unified Device Management with Windows Intune and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- What is the Cloud OS?
- Release notes Service Pack 1
- List of fixes in Service Pack 1
See my earlier blogs in the series about my top 10 new features in Configuration Manager 2012 SP1:
- My top 10 new features of ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 – part 1
- My top 10 new features of ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 – part 2
- My top 10 new features of ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 – part 3
- Poll: What new or changed ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 feature do you like the most?